Tummy Tuck surgery aims to remove excess stretched skin and underlying fat pad from the lower abdomen, whilst repairing any hernias and realigning the rectus muscles into their normal position, thus tightening the waistline.
Click to hear Dr Yunaev talk about “When Can I Go Back to Work After Breast & Tummy Tuck Surgery?”
Common consequences of childbearing are stretch marks, excess skin and excess lower abdominal fat pad. As well as that with multiple children the risk of front abdominal muscles drifting apart increases and can lead to hernias in some cases or significant bulging of abdominal contents through the midline of the abdomen.
Tummy Tuck Sydney, Bella Vista and Bowral
The aim of an Abdominoplasty or a Tummy Tuck Surgery is to remove sagging skin and excess fat from the middle and lower abdomen and repair any separated muscles. This cosmetic surgery procedure can be very effective in reducing the bulge caused by excess skin, fat and loose abdominal muscles. The result is a flatter, firmer and more shapely abdomen.
While an abdominoplasty can be a cosmetic procedure, it may also be partly a reconstructive procedure that is necessary to:
- Correct abdominal abnormalities caused by pregnancy, obesity, extensive weight loss, trauma, tumours or other diseases
- Correct or relieve structural defects of the abdomen
- Improve function of abdominal muscles
- Create a more normal appearance of the abdomen
- Repair an abdominal hernia that has followed previous abdominal surgery
- Remove large and distressing apron of fat, also called a “pannus,” that can cause chronic dermatitis, skin infection, difficulty in walking and difficulties with hygiene. An “apronectomy” is the name given to the surgical removal of a pannus.
The need to knows
- Performed under general anaesthesia
- Inpatient surgery
- Length of surgery is 2-3 hours
- Most patients return to work in approximately 14-21 days and should avoid strenuous activity for 6 weeks.
- Results are seen straight away but will continue to improve up to 6 months post-operatively; however, this varies from one person to another
The benefits of tummy tuck surgery
Many people require tummy tuck surgery after significant weight loss or multiple pregnancies when the stomach muscles have become stretched, and diet and exercise are not making the desired changes. A tummy tuck can tighten weak muscles, while removing excess skin and fat, giving the appearance of a flatter abdomen. For some patients, tummy tuck surgery can help improve their posture.
Am I The Right Candidate For This
It is a significant operation but is a well tolerated one, and importantly the results are long-lasting. The scars can be hidden in the bikini line and are not usually obvious. This surgery requires special surgical expertise to minimise potential complications and to achieve good aesthetic results.
The tummy tuck procedure is not a solution for major weight-related problems and should not be considered as a weight-loss method. If you are a smoker or suffer extreme obesity this procedure is not appropriate for you.
We recommend viewing before and after photos of the procedure to gain a better understanding of expected results. You will also want to consider a number of elements before deciding on the tummy tuck including plans to lose weight or have children as well as the possibility of scarring on your abdomen and necessary recovery time.
Dr. Michael Yunaev does not recommend this procedure for people who are:
- Not able to have an anaesthetic
- Prone to bleeding tendencies or have poor healing ability
- Too high risk of having surgical complications
- Abdominoplasty is not a substitute for weight loss or as a replacement to an appropriate exercise program. Keep in mind that while the results of the procedure are technically permanent, the positive outcome can be significantly diminished by significant fluctuations in your weight.
For that reason, you may be asked to consider delaying the procedure if you are:
- In the process of losing weight, or are going to lose a lot of weight
- Planning to get pregnant, as the result of the surgery may be lost
Abdominoplasty may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are a non-smoker or have stopped smoking
- You are bothered by the feeling that your tummy is too large
Start a conversation with the team at the Breast & Body Clinic to find out how we can better support you. We offer Tummy Tuck Sydney in the eastern suburbs and inner west, as well as Tummy Tuck Bowral services at our Southern Highlands clinic. It’s never been easier to get the advice you need to make an informed choice. Our procedures are available at:
- Bella Vista
- Potts Point
Contact us today to learn how we can help you. Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Before and After
Tummy tuck surgery can be very effective in reducing the bulge caused by excess skin, fat and loose abdominal muscles. The result is a flatter, firmer and more shapely abdomen.
Cost of Tummy Tuck Surgery
The tummy tuck surgery surgical fee starts from $9,000 after rebates or $80/Week*. Only from $30/Week For Mini Tummy Tuck (setup and admin fees may apply).
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to answer general questions, such as: How much is a tummy tuck? As Surgical Tummy Tuck costs in Sydney vary from operation to operation.
A consultation will provide you with a clear surgical plan along with information about any applicable options that are available to you. The initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev incurs a charge of $260, with the potential to receive a refund from Medicare for particular procedures, the Medicare rebate is $73 in cases where a referral is given.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation please contact us here.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Dr. Michael Yunaev?
Dr. Michael is a Specialist Breast (Oncoplastic) and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr. Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign, and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.