Tummy Tuck surgery aims to remove excess stretched skin and underlying fat pad from the lower abdomen, whilst repairing any hernias and realigning the rectus muscles into their normal position, thus tightening the waistline.
Common consequences of childbearing are stretch marks, excess skin and excess lower abdominal fat pad. As well as that with multiple children the risk of front abdominal muscles drifting apart increases and can lead to hernias in some cases or significant bulging of abdominal contents through the midline of the abdomen.
Tummy Tuck Sydney, Bella Vista and Bowral
The aim of an Abdominoplasty or a Tummy Tuck Surgery is to remove sagging skin and excess fat from the middle and lower abdomen and repair any separated muscles. This cosmetic surgery procedure can be very effective in reducing the bulge caused by excess skin, fat and loose abdominal muscles. The result is a flatter, firmer and more shapely abdomen.
While an abdominoplasty can be a cosmetic procedure, it may also be partly a reconstructive procedure that is necessary to:
- Correct abdominal abnormalities caused by pregnancy, obesity, extensive weight loss, trauma, tumours or other disease
- Correct or relieve structural defects of the abdomen
- Improve function of abdominal muscles
- Create a more normal appearance of the abdomen
- Repair an abdominal hernia that has followed previous abdominal surgery
- Remove a large and distressing apron of fat, also called a “pannus”, that can cause chronic dermatitis, skin infection, difficulty in walking and difficulties with hygiene. The surgical removal of a pannus is called an “apronectomy”
It is a major operation, but is a well tolerated one and importantly the results are long lasting. The scars can be hidden in the bikini line and are not usually obvious. This surgery requires special surgical expertise to minimise potential complications and to achieve good aesthetic results.
Dr Michael Yunaev does not recommend this procedure for people who are:
- Not able to have an anaesthetic
- Prone to bleeding tendencies or have poor healing ability
- Too high risk of having surgical complications
Abdominoplasty is not a substitute for weight loss or as a replacement to an appropriate exercise program. Keep in mind that while the results of the procedure are technically permanent, the positive outcome can be greatly diminished by significant fluctuations in your weight.
For that reason, you may be asked to consider delaying the procedure if you are:
- In the process of losing weight, or are going to lose a lot of weight
- Planning to get pregnant, as the result of the surgery may be lost
Abdominoplasty may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are a non-smoker or have stopped smoking
- You are bothered by the feeling that your tummy is too large
Start a conversation with the team at the Breast & Body Clinic to find out how we can better support you. We offer Tummy Tuck in Sydney specifically in the Eastern Suburbs and Inner West areas. It’s never been easier to get the advice you need to make an informed choice. Our procedures are available at:
Tummy Tuck Before and After examples:
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to answer general questions, such as: How much is a tummy tuck? as Surgical Tummy Tuck costs in Sydney vary from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation, please contact us here.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael is a Specialist OncoPlastic and Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lifts
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tucks
- Breast Asymmetry
- Tuberous Breasts
- Male Breast Surgery / Gynaecomastia
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.