A Breast Lift Surgery (also called mastopexy), is designed to reshape the breast by addressing the stretching of the skin of the breast that goes along with pregnancy, breastfeeding, and ageing.
The skin and ligaments, which maintain the youthful shape of the breasts stretch and elongate, and lead to sagging and drooping breasts. This sagging is made worse by the loss of breast tissue over time. This is a condition that affects women of all ages. The factors, which influence the degree of droopiness that develops over time include:
- Initial size – gravity is less kind to larger breasted women
- Normal changes in breast volume and tissue elasticity over time
- Pregnancy – and weight gain during pregnancy
- Breastfeeding – and duration of breastfeeding
- Body weight fluctuations over time
- How your breasts respond to your body weight changes
What can breast lift surgery do for me?
The primary objective of a breast lift is to firm and reshape a breast that has lost shape, slightly different to that of a breast augmentation. This can often happen as a result of pregnancy, ageing or weight loss. A breast lift aims to alter the breasts to a preferable size, shape, and position on your body.
Breast lift surgery is a common procedure which aims to:
- Restore breast position
- Improve firmness
- Elevate the nipple
- Improve symmetry
- Remove excess tissue from the bottom of the breast
During breast lift surgery the skin is tightened around the breast to create a new shape. There is also the option to increase cup size or restore fullness and cleavage in the upper part of the breast by performing a breast implant at the same time.
The need to knows
- The surgery is performed under general anaesthesia
- The surgery can be performed as day surgery or with overnight admission, taking roughly 2-3 hours
- You will be able to return to work in approximately 7-14 days, depending on your profession
- Light exercise can be resumed after one month
Breast lift surgery Sydney
There are several skin incision patterns that are used for this operation, depending on the amount of skin that needs to be removed. These include a circular incision only, a vertical scar and an anchor type incision. At Breast & Body Clinic we aim to minimise scarring on the breast, but primarily the choice of operation is dictated by your own biology and physique and the amount of tissue that needs to be removed to achieve a youthful appearance.
This is operation may also provide an “augmented” look to the breast in some cases without using the implants to achieve this goal, particularly if there is dense breast tissue, as opposed to fatty breast tissue, making up the breast.
However, like any other operation, this procedure has its own limitations and depending on your expectations Dr. Michael Yunaev may recommend that you have this procedure in conjunction with breast augmentation. This is called augmentation mastopexy, or breast lift with implants.
The reasons for an augmentation mastopexy are many, but most importantly:
- Upper breast fullness is challenging to achieve and maintain long-term without a breast implant
- Larger breast size is not possible to achieve reliably without a breast implant (even with fat grafting)
- Changing the footplate of the underdeveloped and tuberous and asymmetric breasts is not possible without an implant
Are you a good candidate?
Before you decide on a breast lift surgery procedure, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- The surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast. If you want your breasts to look fuller or smaller, you might want to consider either breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery
- Surgeons generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking surgery
- Although it’s possible to lift breasts of any size, the results may not be as long-lasting in women with heavier breasts
A lift without implants may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- Your breasts are sagging and have lost their shape and firmness
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
- Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
To learn more about your suitability for a breast lift and implants in Sydney, Potts Point, Bella Vista or Rozelle speak to the team at the Breast and Body Clinic. We provide Sydney breast lift procedures in our clinics located across suburbs in the east and inner west as well as in the Southern Highlands, from our clinic located in Bowral.
We provide breast services in:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Before and After Examples
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, the mastopexy breast lift varies from operation to operation.
Breast lift cost Sydney
As with all procedures, the required surgery varies per patient. The price of a breast lift surgical fee at Breast & Body Clinic is $106 A Week* with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees, after rebates.
We recommend a consultation to understand what will be required for your procedure and the exact cost. With Crisalix 3D Technology, you can now view expected results via 3D imaging at your consultation.
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, the mastopexy breast lift varies from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast lift in Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast & Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev?
- Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS).
- His experience involves training in general surgery, specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and a further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training all part of his more than ten years’ Surgical Experience
- Yunaev gives exceptional attention to detail and prides himself on a high-quality and caring patient experience.
- The focus is on personalised care, as we know cosmetic surgery is not a one size fits all approach. Therefore, we focus on the quality of care and providing natural-looking results.
- Breast & Body Clinic also offers flexible payment options and is a licensed clinic and surgery in an accredited hospital to ensure safety levels are as high as possible.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
Don’t simply take our word for it, read some of the reviews of Breast & Body Clinic from our valued patients who have come to us with a range of issues requiring improvements.
We value our patients and are proud of the results! Legally medical practices are unable to publish testimonials on their websites. Please have a look at our work via these links:
Would you like a better idea of expected results? Try a 3D simulation!
Breast & Body Clinic offer Crisalix 3D technology which will simulate the different options available from your procedure allowing you to select your favorite.
Similar to a standard consultation, you will be assessed for which procedure is most suitable for you while also revealing the expected results in 3D!
Frequently asked questions
How do I know which surgery I require?
During your consultation, a number of factors will be taken into consideration to determine which surgical option is required. These can include:
- The amount of sagging of the breast and the necessary amount of nipple lift
- The quality of the skin
- Breast tissue quality and volume
- The level of detachment of the breast tissue from the chest wall
- The distance of nipple to the lower breast fold
- You expected outcome
What will happen during my recovery?
In most cases, you will be able to leave the hospital the same day as your surgery. You may experience some discomfort and pain after the surgery, and postoperative prophylactic antibiotics will be provided along with pain relief for the first few days. It is expected there will be some swelling and bruising that will lessen after a couple of weeks.
You will be required to rest on your back or side, drink plenty of water and eat regular small meals.
When will I see the results?
The swelling will settle over six weeks however a timeframe of between 3-6 months is required for the final results to be evident.
What are the risks?
All surgery involves possible risk or complications including infection, bleeding, bruising and swelling. A breast lift is a relatively safe procedure however there is the risk of scarring, asymmetry of breast shape and size and change in nipple-areolar sensation. There is also the potential of a reduced ability to breastfeed.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.