This surgery is performed for many different reasons, but the aim is to enlarge the size of the bust. This addresses many different reasons why women may choose to have this operation such as droopy breasts, breast asymmetry, tuberous breasts, self-confidence and social acceptance issues.
There are several components that combine together to provide an appealing aesthetic result. These include the techniques that your cosmetic surgeon chooses to use, the type of implant used, as well as the underlying problem being corrected by this procedure, i.e. What you are born with.
The operation can be done in several different ways all with their own pros and cons and the selection of the preferred approach requires a personalized discussion with the Surgeon, after a thorough clinical assessment.
In Brief, these include an implant positioned:
- Under the breast gland itself and above the pectoralis muscle
- Completely under the pectoralis muscle
- Partially under the pectoralis muscle and partially under the breast gland only, this is called Dual Plane.
- The substance of the implants nowadays is made of either cohesive silicon gel or saline filled implants.
In Australia, we use mostly silicon gel implants at present. The surface of the implants can be either textured or smooth, both of which have their pros and cons. Most importantly, the shape of the implants can be either anatomic (teardrop) or round. This can significantly affect the type of aesthetic breast look that we can achieve.
Lastly, the most important factor is what the surgeon has to work with, that is what you are born with. Does this include underdeveloped breast tissue, does it include tuberous breasts, does it include droopy breasts or asymmetric breasts etc.?
All of these increase the level of complexity of the surgery and therefore technical skill required to achieve a pleasing aesthetic result.
At the Breast and Body Clinic, we aim to produce a long-lasting difference in our patient’s lives with long-standing and natural results and to meet or exceed your expectations.
Before you decide on surgery, there are some important issues to keep in mind:
- Surgery does not correct droopy breasts. A breast lift (an operation to remove loose, excess skin that often involves shifting the nipple position) may be required as well
- Breast implants may affect your ability to breastfeed
- Breast implants are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications from any surgery. If you are serious about undergoing cosmetic surgery, you should try to quit smoking
This surgery may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too small
- You are dissatisfied with your breasts losing shape and volume after pregnancy, weight loss, or with ageing
- Your breasts vary in size or shape
- One or both breasts failed to develop normally
Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
WANT TO SEE YOUR NEW LOOK BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
At Breast & Body Clinic you can. With Crisalix 3D technology, simulate the different options and select your favorite.
Before and After examples:
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to provide surgery costs, as they can vary from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund or medicare rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. To view all of our breast procedures, click here. If you are searching for breast augmentation surgery Sydney or breast augmentation near me, for more information, or to arrange an appointment, please contact us here.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael is a Specialist OncoPlastic and Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.