Reclaim your manly defined chest and say goodbye to man boobs with gynaecomastia treatment.
Male gynaecomastia (or Man Boobs as it is known colloquially) is an excessive enlargement of the male breast tissue and may be present in one breast (unilaterally) or both breasts (bilaterally).
Male gynaecomastia is common in any age and may develop as a result of:
- Hormonal changes
- Weight gain
- Hereditary conditions
- Disease, such as liver disease
- Certain medication
- Use of non-prescription or recreational drugs.
Gynaecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and may affect a man’s self-confidence. Excess breast tissue can also cause a man’s breasts to sag and stretch the areola (the dark skin surrounding the nipple).
Gynaecomastia can also be physically painful or uncomfortable and often is socially not acceptable.
What can male breast reduction surgery do for me?
The main benefits of male breast reduction surgery include:
- Removal of the excess fat and glandular tissue caused by gynecomastia
- Desired permanent results with less discomfort
- A small amount of recovery time
- Guaranteed surgical safety
In some cases, gynaecomastia can be improved with non-surgical treatments, such as exercise, changing medication or by medically treating the cause of the abnormal hormone levels. For some men, however, cosmetic surgery to remove the excess breast tissue may be the best treatment option.
Dr. Michael Yunaev recommends surgical options such as liposuction alone or mastectomy and liposuction in combination, depending on the nature of the gynaecomastia, whether it is mostly glandular or fatty or a combination of both. These are well-tolerated procedures and often performed as day surgery.
Occasionally, when the skin has been stretched for a long time, removal of the contents of the breast pocket is not enough, and the skin may need to be removed as well. Usually, this is done as a second procedure, as it may not be required if the skin has retained enough elasticity and bounces back on its own. If it is necessary, then several different options for excision of the skin are available depending on the amount that needs to be removed. Most patients are happy with their transformations and go on to lead a full life free of previous restrictions.
Are you a good candidate?
Before you decide on gynaecomastia treatment, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- Any surgical treatment to correct gynaecomastia will require incisions, albeit small. While most incisions are hidden in natural contours or the areolae of the breasts, some scars may be visible and an unavoidable result of any gynaecomastia surgery
- Michael Yunaev generally recommends waiting until breast tissues are fully developed. Younger men or adolescent boys may be advised to wait several years after the onset of gynaecomastia before surgery
- Gynaecomastia surgery is not recommended for overweight men who have not tried proven weight-loss techniques such as diet and exercise
- If gynaecomastia has resulted from the use of alcohol, certain prescription medications or drugs, you must be entirely free of these substances before undergoing surgery
- You must remain at a stable weight to maintain the results of your operation
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications. If you are serious about undergoing surgery, you should try to quit smoking
Gynaecomastia treatment may be a good option for you if:
- Alternative medical treatments are ineffective in treating the condition
- You are self conscious about the appearance of your breasts/chest
- You experience discomfort as the breast tissue is tender and sore
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breast tissues are fully developed
- You are not a smoker or a drug user
Breast & Body Clinic have clinics located across suburbs in the east and inner west of Sydney as well as in the Southern Highlands, from our clinic located in Bowral.
We offer the gynaecomastia procedure to the following areas:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Before and After
Dr. Michael Yunaev generally recommends waiting until breast tissues are fully developed. Younger men or adolescent boys may be advised to wait many years after the onset of gynaecomastia before surgery.
Gynecomastia surgery Sydney cost
Gynaecomastia treatment is now more affordable than ever with surgical costs starting from only $53/Week* with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees.
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, medical costs vary from operation to operation. A consultation offers a clear surgical plan with information about the various options available. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at a fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate, if the patient has a referral, is $73.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund or Medicare rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. It is important to note that self-funded procedures or procedures that do not attract a Medicare rebate may have additional fees on top of surgical fees.
For more information, or to arrange an appointment, please contact us here.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose us?
Dr. Yunaev is a Specialist OncoPlastic and Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr. Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign, and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lifts
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tucks
- Breast Asymmetry
- Tuberous Breasts
- Male Breast Surgery / Gynaecomastia
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
Breast and Body Clinic was created to better serve patients by Dr. Yunaev, who received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). Dr. Yunaev is trained in:
- General surgery
- Specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- A further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training
- Over ten years’ surgical experience
If you are interested in finding out more, contact us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we reply as soon as possible.
Breast & Body Clinic has many valued patients who have left various reviews about our service. The law states that medical practices are unable to publish testimonials on their websites, however, you can see our reviews via these channels.
See your possible results with a 3D simulation!
Crisalix 3D technology, a program that simulates the different options available from your procedure, is now available at Breast & Body Clinic.
Included with a standard consultation our team will assess you for the best procedure based on your needs while also revealing the expected results in 3D.
Frequently asked questions
What age does gynaecomastia affect men?
Roughly 40 to 60 percent of men are affected by gynaecomastia, particularly those over 50.
What is involved in the surgery?
Liposuction is used to remove excess fat; however, if tough fibrous tissue is involved, then a direct excision is generally required.
Is surgery painful?
The degree of pain depends on how extensive the issue is but you will likely feel stiff and sore following liposuction. Prescription for pain relief following surgery may also be prescribed.
How much time will I need off work following surgery for gynaecomastia?
Generally no more than a week off work is required following surgery.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.