Click to hear Dr Yunaev talk about “When Can I Go Back to Work After Breast & Tummy Tuck Surgery?”
If you have large or sagging breasts, breast reduction surgery can add increased comfort and happiness in your day to day life.
That’s mainly because of one simple reason!
This surgery can provide relief for back, neck and shoulder pain as well as unwanted attention to the chest. Interestingly it is never too late to have this procedure, as the benefits are self-evident.
The breast reduction procedure can be done with many different approaches; most importantly it involves different “pedicles,” which are bundles of blood vessels, which keep the breast alive. Various pedicles produce different results in aesthetic appearance.
At Breast & Body Clinic, we prefer the most reliable pedicles, which provide the best aesthetic results for our patients.
What can a breast reduction do for me?
If you have large breasts, breast reduction surgery in Sydney can assist in the following areas:
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Skin irritation under the breasts
- Nerve pain
- Restricted activity
- Poor self-image
- Difficulty fitting into clothing and bras
If you have large breasts and would like to discuss your options, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Breast & Body Clinic. We provide services from various locations across Sydney, Bella Vista and the Southern Highlands, such as:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 and start a conversation about your body.
The need to knows
When undergoing this procedure, here’s what you can expect:
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia
- The time as inpatient is an overnight stay
- Length of surgery is 3 – 4 hours
- Most patients are back to work in approximately 10 days with light exercise at 4 weeks and more high-intensity exercise at 6-8 weeks
- Final results are seen within 3 – 6 months, varying from one person to another
WHAT RESULTS YOU CAN EXPECT AFTER THE PROCEDURE
We see many patients who undergo a procedure to make their breasts smaller who are very glad they did it. They say their increased comfort and happiness in their day-to-day life is immense and they wish they had the surgery sooner!
They are carrying less weight, experiencing pain relief, fitting into their wardrobe better, being more active and their breasts have a more youthful, perky appearance.
It is, however, important to note that there are several factors that can affect the size and shape of breasts, even after undergoing a reduction. Elements such as gravity, aging, significant weight gain or loss, and breastfeeding can all have an effect.
HOW BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY WORKS?
At the Breast & Body Clinic, we use a vertical scar and anchor type scar techniques for moderate to significant reductions. A determined amount of fat will be removed from your breasts to decrease their size, with the necessary reshaping to create the look you desire.
Are you a good candidate?
Before you decide on a Breast Reduction, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- We generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking reduction surgery
- Surgery can interfere with some diagnostic procedures
- Ability to breastfeed following breast surgery may be affected. Talk to your surgeon if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy, or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgeries
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications. If you are serious about undergoing surgery, you should quit smoking
This surgery may be a good option for you if the following is true
For patients who match the following criteria the breast reduction procedure may be a great fit:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity and exercise
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
- Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
Breast Reduction is a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone. Dr. Michael Yunaev is a highly qualified and experienced breast reduction surgeon who will assess your condition, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
THE VARIOUS TECHNIQUES THAT CAN BE USED FOR A BREAST REDUCTION
There are three different methods that can be used to perform breast minimising surgery.
It’s important to note that the chosen method is dependent on varying factors some of which include the following:
- The patient’s breasts size
- Shape of the breast
- The amount of skin or tissue that will need to be removed
- The position of the patient’s nipples
- And the quality of the skin
Taking all of the above into consideration, one of the following methods will be selected:
- Wise Pattern: The most common technique for moderate to substantial reductions creates an anchor-shaped scar with an incision extending around the areola. The scar will then run vertically down to the fold of the breast and then across the natural curve. Excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed with the nipple then being moved to a higher position with sticking that reshapes the breast.
- Vertical Scar: This technique has a vertical scar which is common in mild to moderate reductions.
- Round Block or Bennelli: With two circular incisions of different sizes around the areola, skin and breast tissue is removed leaving one scar around the areola. It has been known to create a flat breast and is more suitable for small reductions.
No matter which option of the three above is chosen, nipples and areolas are never detached from their blood and nerve supply at any point.
It’s important to note that in cases where a significant reduction is taking place, the nipples can be removed entirely and repositioned. If this is the case, there will be no sensation in the nipple or ability to breastfeed post-surgery.
Having said that, to see how the procedure for making breasts smaller could help you, it’s best to schedule a free consultation with Dr Yunaev to get all your questions answered.
ESTIMATED BREAST REDUCTION COSTS IN SYDNEY
How much procedure for reducing breast size will cost will vary for every patient, and so will the associated costs. The surgical fee starting price for breast minimising surgery performed by Dr Yunaev at Breast & Body Clinic is $9000 after rebates or $80/Week* (setup and admin fees may apply).
These prices may change if the procedure is of significant size. This will be determined during your first consultation.
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, medical costs vary from operation to operation. The initial appointment with Dr Yunaev is charged at a fee of $260, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare of $73.
A precise surgery quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at the consultation, and will also vary from case to case.
For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast reduction Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
The procedure to make breasts smaller is a similar operation to the breast lift, however, not only is the excess skin envelope of the breast removed but also the breast tissue itself is excised to reduce the size and total volume of the breast.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast & Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev?
Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). His experience involves training in general surgery, specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and a further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training all part of his more than ten years’ Surgical Experience
Dr. Yunaev gives exceptional attention to detail and prides himself on a high-quality and caring patient experience. The focus is on personalised care, as we know cosmetic surgery is not a one size fits all approach. Therefore, we focus on the quality of care and providing natural-looking results.
Breast & Body Clinic also offers flexible payment options and is a licensed clinic and surgery in an accredited hospital to ensure safety levels are as high as possible.
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to email@example.com and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.