Click to hear Dr Yunaev talk about “When Can I Go Back to Work After Breast & Tummy Tuck Surgery?”
If you have large or sagging breasts, this is an operation that many women are most grateful for. This surgery can provide relief for back, neck and shoulder pain as well as unwanted attention to the chest. Interestingly it is never too late to have this procedure, as the benefits are self-evident.
The breast reduction procedure can be done with many different approaches; most importantly it involves different “pedicles,” which are bundles of blood vessels, which keep the breast alive. Various pedicles produce different results in aesthetic appearance.
At Breast & Body Clinic, we prefer the most reliable pedicles, which provide the best aesthetic results for our patients.
What can a breast reduction do for me?
If you have large breasts, breast reduction surgery in Sydney can assist in the following areas:
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Skin irritation under the breasts
- Nerve pain
- Restricted activity
- Poor self-image
- Difficulty fitting into clothing and bras
If you have large breasts and would like to discuss your options, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Breast & Body Clinic. We provide services from various locations across Sydney, Bella Vista and the Southern Highlands, such as:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 and start a conversation about your body.
The need to knows
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia
- The time as inpatient is an overnight stay
- Length of surgery is 3 – 4 hours
- Most patients are back to work in approximately 10 days with light exercise at 4 weeks and more high-intensity exercise at 6-8 weeks
- Final results are seen within 3 – 6 months, varying from one person to another
Clear Expectations for Results
We see many patients who undergo breast reduction surgery who are very glad they did it. They say their increased comfort and happiness in their day-to-day life is immense and they wish they had the surgery sooner! They are carrying less weight, experience pain relief, fitting into their wardrobe better, being more active and their breasts have a more youthful, perky appearance.
It is, however, important to note that there are several factors that can affect the size and shape of breasts, even after undergoing a reduction. Elements such as gravity, aging, significant weight gain or loss, and the situations related to childbirth such as breastfeeding can all have an effect. There are also some hormonal factors that can change the size and shape of your breasts. While some of these things are unavoidable, it is essential to keep them in mind. You will still see and experience a significant change from breast reduction surgery in your daily life.
Breast reduction surgery Sydney
There are several different incision/scar types. We tend to use Benelli/Round Block incision, which is a circular incision around the areola, for small reductions only and minor nipple height adjustments. At the Breast & Body Clinic, we use a vertical scar and anchor type scar techniques for moderate to significant reductions.
The best results are achieved with the anchor type incision as it allows for more control of the nipple position, the lower part of the breast, which is often floppy and shapeless, and improved conical youthful breast shape.
Nevertheless, Breast Reduction is a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone. Dr. Michael Yunaev is a highly qualified and experienced breast reduction surgeon who will assess your condition, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
Are you a good candidate?
Before you decide on a Breast Reduction, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- We generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking reduction surgery
- Surgery can interfere with some diagnostic procedures
- Ability to breastfeed following breast surgery may be affected. Talk to your surgeon if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy, or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgeries
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications. If you are serious about undergoing surgery, you should quit smoking
This surgery may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity and exercise
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
- Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
Before and After Examples
Breast Reduction is a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone. Dr. Michael Yunaev is a highly qualified and experienced breast reduction surgeon who will assess your condition, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
The various technique options of a breast reduction
There are three different methods that can be used to perform a breast reduction. The chosen method is dependent on varying factors of the patient’s breasts such as size, shape and the amount of skin or tissue that will need to be removed. The position of the patient’s nipples and the quality of the skin are also determining factors. Taking all of the above into consideration, one of the following methods will be selected:
- Wise Pattern: The most common technique for moderate to substantial reductions creates an anchor-shaped scar with an incision extending around the areola. The scar will then run vertically down to the fold of the breast and then across the natural curve. Excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed with the nipple then being moved to a higher position with sticking that reshapes the breast.
- Vertical Scar: This technique has a vertical scar which is common in mild to moderate reductions.
- Round Block or Bennelli: With two circular incisions of different sizes around the areola, skin and breast tissue is removed leaving one scar around the areola. It has been known to create a flat breast and is more suitable for small reductions.
No matter which option of the three above is chosen, nipples and areolas are never detached from their blood and nerve supply at any point. In cases where a significant reduction is taking place, the nipples can be removed entirely and repositioned. If this is the case, there will be no sensation in the nipple or ability to breastfeed post-surgery.
The amount of surgery that is required will vary for every patient, and so to will the associated costs. The surgical fee starting price for a breast reduction performed by Dr. Yunaev at Breast & Body Clinic is $9000 after rebates or $106 A Week* with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees. These prices may change if the procedure is of a significant size, we will be able to determine this during your consultation.
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, medical costs vary from operation to operation. A consultation offers a clear surgical plan with information about the various options available. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at a fee of $260, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate, if the patient has a referral, is $73.
A precise surgery quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at the consultation, and will also vary from case to case.
For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast reduction Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
Breast reduction is a similar operation to the breast lift, however, not only is the excess skin envelope of the breast removed but also the breast tissue itself is excised to reduce the size and total volume of the breast.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast & Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev?
Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). His experience involves training in general surgery, specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and a further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training all part of his more than ten years’ Surgical Experience
Dr. Yunaev gives exceptional attention to detail and prides himself on a high-quality and caring patient experience. The focus is on personalised care, as we know cosmetic surgery is not a one size fits all approach. Therefore, we focus on the quality of care and providing natural-looking results.
Breast & Body Clinic also offers flexible payment options and is a licensed clinic and surgery in an accredited hospital to ensure safety levels are as high as possible.
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
Breast & Body Clinic has received many positive reviews from our valued patients covering a range of issues and procedures.
Legally, medical practices are unable to publish testimonials on their websites so you can view our work via these links:
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.