If you have large or sagging breasts, this is an operation that many women are most grateful for. This surgery can provide relief for back, neck and shoulder pain as well as unwanted attention to the chest. Interestingly it is never too late to have this procedure, as the benefits are self-evident.
The breast reduction procedure can be done with many different approaches; most importantly it involves different “pedicles,” which are bundles of blood vessels, which keep the breast alive. Various pedicles produce different results in aesthetic appearance.
At Breast & Body Clinic, we prefer the most reliable pedicles, which provide the best aesthetic results for our patients.
What can a breast reduction do for me?
If you have large breasts, breast reduction surgery can assist in the following areas:
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain
- Skin irritation under the breasts
- Nerve pain
- Restricted activity
- Poor self-image
- Difficulty fitting into clothing and bras
If you have large breasts and would like to discuss your options, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Breast & Body Clinic. We provide services from various locations across Sydney, Bella Vista and the Southern Highlands, such as:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 and start a conversation about your body.
The need to knows
- The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia
- The time as inpatient is an overnight stay
- Length of surgery is 3 – 4 hours
- Most patients are back to work in approximately 10 days with light exercise at 4 weeks and more high-intensity exercise at 6-8 weeks
- Final results are seen within 3 – 6 months, varying from one person to another
Breast reduction surgery Sydney
There are several different incision/scar types. We tend to use Benelli/Round Block incision, which is a circular incision around the areola, for small reductions only and minor nipple height adjustments. At the Breast & Body Clinic, we use a vertical scar and anchor type scar techniques for moderate to significant reductions.
The best results are achieved with the anchor type incision as it allows for more control of the nipple position, the lower part of the breast, which is often floppy and shapeless, and improved conical youthful breast shape.
Nevertheless, Breast Reduction is a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone. Dr. Michael Yunaev is a highly qualified and experienced breast reduction surgeon who will assess your condition, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
Are you a good candidate?
Before you decide on a Breast Reduction, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- We generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking reduction surgery
- Surgery can interfere with some diagnostic procedures
- Ability to breastfeed following breast surgery may be affected. Talk to your surgeon if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy, or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous breast reduction surgeries
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications. If you are serious about undergoing surgery, you should quit smoking
This surgery may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too large
- Your breasts limit your physical activity and exercise
- You experience back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts
- You have regular indentations from bra straps that support heavy, pendulous breasts
- You have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Your breasts hang low and have stretched skin
- Your nipples rest below the breast crease when your breasts are unsupported
- You have enlarged areolas caused by stretched skin
- Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
Before and After Examples
Breast Reduction is a highly individualised procedure and may not be suitable for everyone. Dr. Michael Yunaev is a highly qualified and experienced breast reduction surgeon who will assess your condition, and plan the treatment that is best suited to you.
A breast reduction procedure is uniquely tailored and now more affordable with surgical costs starting from $106 per Week* with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees, after rebates.
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, its difficult to provide a breast reduction cost estimate before a consultation, as surgical costs vary from operation to operation.
A precise surgery quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at the consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast reduction Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
Breast reduction is a similar operation to the breast lift, however, not only is the excess skin envelope of the breast removed but also the breast tissue itself is excised to reduce the size and total volume of the breast.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast & Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev?
Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). His experience involves training in general surgery, specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and a further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training all part of his more than ten years’ Surgical Experience
Dr. Yunaev gives exceptional attention to detail and prides himself on a high-quality and caring patient experience. The focus is on personalised care, as we know cosmetic surgery is not a one size fits all approach. Therefore, we focus on the quality of care and providing natural-looking results.
Breast & Body Clinic also offers flexible payment options and is a licensed clinic and surgery in an accredited hospital to ensure safety levels are as high as possible.
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
Breast & Body Clinic has received many positive reviews from our valued patients covering a range of issues and procedures.
Legally, medical practices are unable to publish testimonials on their websites so you can view our work via these links:
A 3D simulation can offer a clearer idea of expected results!
At Breast & Body Clinic you can try Crisalix 3D technology, a program that simulates the different options available based on your procedure.
You will undergo a standard consultation while also revealing the expected results of the procedure best suited to you in 3D.
Frequently asked questions
What are the risks involved with breast reduction surgery?
Any major surgery creates a risk of potential bleeding, infection or an adverse reaction to the anesthesia. Risks more specific to breast reduction surgery can include bruising, scarring, loss of sensation in the nipples or difficulty in breastfeeding.
How do I know a breast reduction is for me?
The skilled staff at Breast & Body Clinic will evaluate your medical history and overall health during your consultation and also discuss your expectations. They will then give you all of the necessary information about the procedure and its risks and benefits, to help you decide whether or not you wish to proceed.
What should I expect during the procedure?
Breast reduction surgery is normally performed under general anesthesia. Dependent on your requirements the operation will likely include surgery through incisions and possible liposuction to remove any excess fat in your breasts.
What will happen after surgery?
A gauze dressing will cover your breasts, and you will be given medication for pain and antibiotics to decrease the risk of infection. You will likely feel tender and may possibly be swollen or bruised.
When can I return to normal activities?
Physical activity will need to be limited for two to four weeks. It is important to remember that it can sometimes take months for the swelling to disappear entirely and the scars to fade.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.