Breast asymmetry is usually a congenital breast tissue, and many causes can lead to asymmetric breast development. Dr. Yunaev’s expert cosmetic artistry allows him to master techniques in correcting congenital breast issues including breast asymmetry.
It is normal and natural that breasts don’t look exactly the same. However, some patients experience a high degree of uneven breast development. In some cases, this can significantly affect a person’s self-esteem. Breast asymmetry can be corrected with surgical procedures, and different techniques can be used to achieve a harmonious and balanced result.
What can breast asymmetry surgery do for me?
To create symmetry between a patient’s breasts, Dr. Yunaev can perform for example an asymmetrical breast augmentation on the smaller breast to achieve a matching size. In other cases, a breast reduction procedure might be used to create the symmetry. Some other patients might benefit from other techniques such as a breast lift, or a combination of other breast procedures; for example, breast implants of different sizes can be used to create symmetry.
There could be several skin incision patterns used for a breast implant asymmetry surgery, which will depend on each patient’s case of breast asymmetry. These can include a circular incision, a vertical scar, and an anchor type incision. At Breast & Body Clinic we aim to minimise scarring on the breast, but primarily the choice of operation is dictated by the patient’s own biology and physique and the amount of tissue that needs to be removed, lifted or if a breast implant needs to be used to achieve an even and harmonious result.
Before you decide on a breast asymmetry correction surgery, there are some critical issues to keep in mind:
- If breast implants are needed, patients need to be aware that they are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications from any surgery. If you are serious about undergoing cosmetic surgery, you should try to quit smoking
- We generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking breast asymmetry correction surgery
- Ability to breastfeed following breast symmetry surgery may be affected. Talk to your surgeon if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy, or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous breast asymmetry correction surgery
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection
A breast asymmetry correction surgery may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- Your breasts are considerably uneven
- One breast is lower than the other
Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
Am I a good candidate?
Naturally symmetrical breasts are often quite rare. If uneven breasts bother you, breast asymmetry may help depending on what your desired outcome is. For example, if you want to increase the size of your breast a uniquely sized implant in each breast may be required to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing shape.
Those who are happy with the size of their smaller breast may just require a breast lift that does not need implants. If your breasts are sagging, a breast lift can correct this. It is important to note that a breast lift may require additional incisions.
Severe asymmetry may require a combination of breast augmentation and reduction to achieve a more proportional size and shape.
Before and After Examples
To create symmetry between a patient’s breasts, Dr. Yunaev can perform for example an asymmetrical breast augmentation on the smaller breast to achieve a matching size.
Image ref: https://www.maxwellaesthetics.com/photogallery/case_details.php?caseId=77
Breast asymmetry cost information
Bigger, fuller, and firmer breasts via breast augmentation will result in more natural looking results with guaranteed safety. The procedure is now more affordable starting from $107 A Week* with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees, for implant based procedures, with costs for reduction or lift approaches based on their costings.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast Asymmetry correction surgery in Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
*Terms and conditions apply
Why should I choose Breast & Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev?
Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). His experience involves training in general surgery, specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, and a further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training all part of his more than ten years’ Surgical Experience
Dr. Yunaev prides himself on a high-quality and caring patient experience, personalised care to ensure the best outcomes for each patient. Cosmetic surgery is not a one size fits all approach and we focus on providing natural-looking results.
Breast & Body Clinic also offers flexible payment options and is a licensed clinic and surgery in an accredited hospital to ensure safety levels are as high as possible.
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
We appreciate all of the reviews of Breast & Body Clinic that our valued patients who have come to us with a range of issues leave us via various platforms.
By law, medical practices are unable to publish testimonials on their websites. Reviews of our work can be found via these links:
Try a 3D simulation for a better idea of expected results today!
Breast & Body Clinic offer Crisalix 3D technology which will help explain the various options and outcomes with unmatched visual detail.
A 3D consultation is similar to a standard consultation, with the exception of patients being able to view the expected results in 3D!
What to expect after the procedure
Rest and recuperation are vitally important after a breast asymmetry correction. Your breasts will be swollen and feel sore and bruised. A light support bandage will be provided which you will need to wear for a couple of weeks with a special support bra.
You may feel very tired post-surgery, experiencing the most soreness during the first two to three days for which painkillers will be prescribed. You can also apply ice packs to the sensitive areas for additional relief.
Your breasts will likely be swollen for up to a week after surgery, and it would be best if you were to avoid anything that requires you to lift or stretch.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $260, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.