Target belly fat, thighs, back, arms and more. Safely remove body fat with power assisted liposuction.
Liposuction, also known as lipectomy or lipoplasty, is a procedure that improves the body’s contours and proportion by removing excess fat deposits or “love handles” to slim and reshape specific areas of the body.
Liposuction can offer the following benefits:
- Permanently remove stubborn fat
- Little downtime (around 3, 4 days)
- Smooth curves and contours
- Tightened skin
- Better fitting clothes
- Become your own biggest fan
The liposuction procedure has been around for a long time and is a beneficial option for many corrective and aesthetic situations. It can be done as part of other operations such as a tummy tuck or breast reduction or to reshape a flap post-reconstruction or can be performed on its own targeting other common areas such as thighs, buttocks, abdomen, arms, neck and under the chin.
Often it is used as a fine-tuning cosmetic procedure. Liposuction surgery can be done as a day procedure depending on the amount of liposuction performed and generally is well tolerated with a low complication rate.
What can liposuction do for me?
Liposuction is invasive surgery that aims to improve the body’s contours and proportion by removing localised and disproportional deposits of fat. Liposuction procedures can remove up to five litres of fat with relative safety during one session. Depending on the number of areas that require treatment, repeated treatments may be necessary.
Specific techniques of liposuction include:
- Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) where fat is removed from the body using a vacuum suction. SAL may be dry, wet or tumescent depending on the volume of saline (salt solution) which is injected into the operation site before the procedure begins
- Ultrasonic Assisted Lipoplasty (UAL) uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy the fat cells before SAL is used to remove the liquefied fat and to smooth the edges of the treated areas
- Mechanical Assisted Lipoplasty (MAL) uses an oscillating shaver driven by a motor to shave the fat which is vacuumed away as used in the SAL and UAL methods
- Patients looking for a multi-stage treatment plan potentially involving breast reduction and tummy tuck surgery as required are advised to start a discussion with our staff
Are you a good candidate?
Dr. Michael Yunaev may recommend this procedure for you if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are a non-smoker or have stopped smoking
- You have bulges that persist despite a healthy diet and exercise
- Liposuction is most likely to be successful for healthy weight people with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. Although age is not a significant concern, older people may have less skin elasticity and may not achieve the same results as a younger person with tighter skin
Before opting for liposuction, you must keep in mind that:
- Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss
- If your skin is dimpled before the liposuction, it will probably still be dimpled afterward the procedure has been done
- If the ‘extra’ skin doesn’t contract (tighten) after liposuction, you may need a further procedure to remove excess skin
- You may not be able to undergo the procedure if you are unable to have an anaesthetic, if you are prone to bleeding tendencies or have a poor healing ability or are too high risk of having surgical complications
To learn more, please start a conversation with a Sydney Cosmetic Surgeon at one of our clinics. Looking for laser liposuction near you? Dr. Yunaev performs Liposuction in Sydney at our conveniently located clinic in the east and inner west, as well as Liposuction in the Southern Highlands
We offer the procedure to the following areas:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Before and After
Liposuction Sydney cost
Breast and Body Clinic offers an affordable self-funded procedure starting from $3000* per area treated or $84/Week with no interest and minimal upfront setups fees.
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to answer general questions, such as: “How much is liposuction?”, as Surgical costs vary from operation to operation. A consultation offers a clear surgical plan with information about the various options available. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at a fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate, if the patient has a referral, is $73.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund or Medicare rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast and Body Clinic?
Breast and Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev are well situated to serve patients throughout Sydney. Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). Dr. Yunaev is trained in:
- General surgery
- Specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- A further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training
- Over ten years’ surgical experience
As a Specialist OncoPlastic, Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon Dr. Yunaev is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. He is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign, and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lifts
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tucks
- Breast Asymmetry
- Tuberous Breasts
- Male Breast Surgery / Gynaecomastia
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections
- Dermal Fillers
If you are interested in finding out more, contact us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as we reply as soon as possible.
See possible liposuction results with a 3D simulation!
Breast and Body Clinic offers the revolutionary Crisalix 3D technology, a program that simulates the different options available from your procedure.
Included with a standard consultation our team will assess you for the best procedure based on your needs while also revealing the expected results in 3D.
Frequently asked questions
What are realistic expectations for liposuction surgery?
The results of liposuction are semi-permanent. Gaining weight after liposuction means the figure will be a larger version of the new body shape. The fat cells removed by liposuction do not grow back.
Which areas of the body can be treated?
The most frequently treated areas are the abdomen, breasts, hips, outer thighs, anterior thighs, inner thighs, knees, arms, buttocks, cheeks, and neck. Men make up about 15% to 25% of liposuction patients, focusing on the chin and neck area, abdomen, flanks, and chest.
What are the risks of liposuction surgery?
Too much liposuction on a single day creates the most significant risk. Liposuction is very safe with only the standard surgical procedure risks like infections, bleeding, skin ulcerations, and nerve injury a possible risk.
How do I choose the right surgeon?
Never base a liposuction choice on the cost as the cheapest procedure often means shortcuts may be taken. The surgeon you choose should have specialised training in the techniques of liposuction.
How long is the recovery time?
If performed under local anesthesia, patients can leave the surgery roughly 30 minutes after completion. If general anesthesia is used, then one to three hours of post-anesthesia observation is required. You can return to a desk-type job two days after liposuction.
Is liposuction a treatment for obesity?
Liposuction should not be used in place of weight loss by dieting and exercise.
Terms and Conditions:
- The cost is an estimate based on an example when the patient is insured. The overall cost can differ from case to case depending on if the patient is insured or non-insured.
- This pricing calculation is a guide only. The specific weekly payment amount will be adjusted in relation to the size of the deposit made by the patient.
- The quoted cost is for the surgical fee only which includes the cost of the surgeon’s fee, the assistant surgeon’s fee and all related follow up visits.
- Additional fees for hospital and anaesthetic fees will still apply. Prospective patients are encouraged to talk to their insurer for more precise costings.
- The price is calculated based on a weekly payment charged over a 2-year period, consisting of 104 equal payments.
- Payment for the surgery and anaesthetist are required 1 week prior to your surgery. The payments for hospital fees are required upon admission.
- Patients are encouraged to book a consultation with Dr. Yunaev to have a clear surgical plan developed and so that they are informed of their different options. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at an additional fee of $250, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate if the patient has a referral is $73. This initial consultation fee will be deducted from the surgical costs if the patient books the procedure through the Breast and Body Clinic.
- Results will vary from person to person.
- The timing of the procedure will be agreed upon between the patient and the practitioner.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.
- It is recommended that only patients who fully understand the treatment and the risks of the treatment should proceed with this procedure.
- This procedure is not recommended for people who are allergic or sensitive to biomaterials.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.