Tuberous breasts are a congenital breast issue that can have a variety of impacts on the breast shape development. Having Tuberous breast can have a significant effect on one’s confidence and self-esteem. There are a variety of popular names for this condition, including tubular breasts, constricted breast and herniated areolas.
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, costs vary from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
The below prices are just an estimate price range for a Tuberous Breast Correction surgery:
Tuberous Breast Surgery Cost indicative price range: from $8,000 to $15,000
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange an appointment, please contact us here.
Tuberous breasts correction surgery is a highly personalised augmentation surgery. Different cases of this congenital deformity can be very specific, and Dr Yunaev provides a tailored plan for each patient to achieve their desired improvements. The correction process for a patient with tuberous breast is a careful assessment by Dr Yunaev to analyse the breast development and understand the reasons for the atypical breast development.
Different techniques can be used for the correction on a tuberous breast, and most procedures will involve a glandular remodelling. Techniques may include a breast lift to address a nipple that is not at satisfactory level. If the areola size is too large, this can also be addressed as part of the surgery. If the patient’s breast hasn’t fully developed, a breast augmentation with use of a breast implant can be suitable. Additionally, it is common that tuberous breast is also asymmetrical, so different techniques may be used on each breast to achieve a symmetrical and harmonious result.
Before you decide on a tuberous breast correction surgery, there are some important issues to keep in mind:
- If breast implants are needed, patients need to be aware that they are not guaranteed to last a lifetime and future surgery may be required to replace one or both implants
- Smokers are at increased risk of complications from any surgery. If you are serious about undergoing cosmetic surgery, you should try to quit smoking
- Surgeons generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking tuberous breast surgery
- If a breast reduction technique will be used to correct tuberous breast, this can interfere with some diagnostic procedures
- Ability to breastfeed following tuberous breast correction surgery may be affected. Talk to your surgeon if you are planning to breastfeed a baby in the future
- Changes in the breasts during pregnancy, or significant weight loss or gain can alter the outcomes of previous tuberous breast correction surgery
- Breast and nipple piercings can cause an infection
A tuberous breast correction surgery may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- You have been diagnosed with tuberous breasts
Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael Yunaev is an Oncoplastic Breast, General and Cosmetic Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease and Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES: