Target belly fat, thighs, back, arms and more. Safely remove body fat with power assisted liposuction.
Liposuction, also known as lipectomy or lipoplasty, is a procedure that improves the body’s contours and proportion by removing excess fat deposits or “love handles” to slim and reshape specific areas of the body.
Liposuction can offer the following benefits:
- Permanently remove stubborn fat
- Little downtime (around 3, 4 days)
- Smooth curves and contours
- Tightened skin
- Better fitting clothes
- Become your own biggest fan
The liposuction procedure has been around for a long time and is a beneficial option for many corrective and aesthetic situations. It can be done as part of other operations such as a tummy tuck or breast reduction or to reshape a flap post-reconstruction or can be performed on its own targeting other common areas such as thighs, buttocks, abdomen, arms, neck and under the chin.
Often it is used as a fine-tuning cosmetic procedure. Liposuction surgery can be done as a day procedure depending on the amount of liposuction performed and generally is well tolerated with a low complication rate.
What can liposuction do for me?
Liposuction is invasive surgery that aims to improve the body’s contours and proportion by removing localised and disproportional deposits of fat. Liposuction procedures can remove up to five litres of fat with relative safety during one session. Depending on the number of areas that require treatment, repeated treatments may be necessary.
Specific techniques of liposuction include:
- Suction Assisted Lipectomy (SAL) where fat is removed from the body using a vacuum suction. SAL may be dry, wet or tumescent depending on the volume of saline (salt solution) which is injected into the operation site before the procedure begins
- Ultrasonic Assisted Lipoplasty (UAL) uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy the fat cells before SAL is used to remove the liquefied fat and to smooth the edges of the treated areas
- Mechanical Assisted Lipoplasty (MAL) uses an oscillating shaver driven by a motor to shave the fat which is vacuumed away as used in the SAL and UAL methods
- Patients looking for a multi-stage treatment plan potentially involving breast reduction and tummy tuck surgery as required are advised to start a discussion with our staff
The Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is a very popular procedure and has been one of the most common cosmetic surgeries in Australia for quite some time. One of the reasons why so many people opt for liposuction is the benefits beyond just a decrease in their weight.
We make it clear to our patients that liposuction is not a procedure for losing weight, rather an avenue for those who struggle to achieve their desired weight goals via diet and exercise, especially those who are working towards significant weight loss. If you are someone who has undergone massive weight loss, body contouring such as liposuction or the tummy tuck procedure will be of great benefit to you.
With liposuction, Dr. Yunaev can target specific areas of the body, the stubborn fat that seems to be untouched by your diet and hard work at the gym. This can lead to a more proportional shape to your body after liposuction. This procedure will contour your body, blending in with your natural shape, and by continuing with your diet and exercise routine to maintain a stable weight, your results will be long term.
It is also important to point out the emotional benefits of liposuction as the procedure can align your body image to the way you feel, giving a newfound sense of confidence and self-appreciation.
The improvements in self-esteem that follow when patients feel more comfortable with their body or the satisfaction of completing a weight loss journey are significant. It can be hard to measure emotional benefits, but we see patients who feel much better in their own bodies as a result of liposuction.
The benefits for each patient will vary as everyone is unique and have their own goals for their liposuction results. The best way to understand the benefits applicable to you is by booking a consultation with Dr. Yunaev. This session will be used to understand your body contouring goals and how best to achieve them.hter skin.[/caption]
Are you a good candidate?
Dr. Michael Yunaev may recommend this procedure for you if:
- You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
- You have realistic expectations
- You are a non-smoker or have stopped smoking
- You have bulges that persist despite a healthy diet and exercise
- Liposuction is most likely to be successful for healthy weight people with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. Although age is not a significant concern, older people may have less skin elasticity and may not achieve the same results as a younger person with tighter skin
Before opting for liposuction, you must keep in mind that:
- Liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss
- If your skin is dimpled before the liposuction, it will probably still be dimpled afterward the procedure has been done
- If the ‘extra’ skin doesn’t contract (tighten) after liposuction, you may need a further procedure to remove excess skin
- You may not be able to undergo the procedure if you are unable to have an anaesthetic, if you are prone to bleeding tendencies or have a poor healing ability or are too high risk of having surgical complications
To learn more, please start a conversation with a Sydney Cosmetic Surgeon at one of our clinics. Looking for laser liposuction near you? Dr. Yunaev performs Liposuction in Sydney at our conveniently located clinic in the east and inner west, as well as Liposuction in the Southern Highlands
We offer the procedure to the following areas:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Before and After
Liposuction is most likely to be successful for healthy weight people with firm, elastic skin who have pockets of excess fat in certain areas. Although age is not a significant concern, older people may have less skin elasticity and may not achieve the same results as a younger person with tighter skin.
Liposuction Sydney cost
Breast and Body Clinic offers an affordable self-funded procedure starting from $4000* per area treated or $30/Week*per Area (setup and admin fees may apply).
All procedures performed by Dr. Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, it’s difficult to answer general questions, such as: “How much is liposuction?”, as Surgical costs vary from operation to operation. A consultation offers a clear surgical plan with information about the various options available. An initial appointment with Dr. Yunaev is charged at a fee of $260, with the potential to receive some refund from Medicare for some procedures, the Medicare rebate, if the patient has a referral, is $73.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr. Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund or Medicare rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case.
*Terms and Conditions Apply
Why choose Breast and Body Clinic?
Breast and Body Clinic and Dr. Yunaev are well situated to serve patients throughout Sydney. Dr. Yunaev received his accreditation through the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS). Dr. Yunaev is trained in:
- General surgery
- Specialist training in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
- A further four years of Aesthetic Surgery training
- Over ten years’ surgical experience
As a Specialist OncoPlastic, Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon Dr. Yunaev is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. He is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign, and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.
Dr. Yunaev specialises in the following procedures:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lifts
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tucks
- Breast Asymmetry
- Tuberous Breasts
- Male Breast Surgery / Gynaecomastia
- Anti-Wrinkle Injections
If you are interested in finding out more, contact us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as we reply as soon as possible.
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.