A Breast Lift Surgery (also called mastopexy), is designed to reshape the breast by addressing the stretching of the skin of the breast that goes along with pregnancy, breastfeeding and simply ageing.
The skin and ligaments, which maintain the youthful shape of the breasts stretch and elongate, and lead to sagging and drooping breasts. This sagging is made worse by the loss of natural breast tissue volume over time. This is a condition that affects women of all ages. The factors, which influence the degree of droopiness that develops over time include:
- Initial size – gravity is less kind to larger breasted women
- Normal changes in breast volume and tissue elasticity over time
- Pregnancy – and weight gain during pregnancy
- Breastfeeding – and duration of breastfeeding
- Body weight fluctuations over time
- How your breasts respond to your body weight changes
Sydney Breast lift
There are several skin incision patterns that are used for this operation, depending on the amount of skin that needs to be removed. These include a circular incision only, a vertical scar and an anchor type incision. At Breast & Body Clinic we aim to minimise scarring on the breast, but primarily the choice of operation is dictated by your own biology and physique and the amount of tissue that needs to be removed to achieve a youthful appearance.
This is a great operation for providing an “augmented” look to the breast without using the implants to achieve this goal.
However, like any other operation, this procedure has its own limitations and depending on your expectations Dr Michael Yunaev may recommend that you have this procedure in conjunction with breast augmentation. This is called augmentation mastopexy, or breast lift and implants.
The reasons for an augmentation mastopexy are many, but most importantly:
- An upper breast fullness is difficult to achieve and maintain long-term without a breast implant
- A larger breast size is not possible to achieve reliably without a breast implant (even with fat grafting)
- Changing the footplate of the underdeveloped and tuberous and asymmetric breasts is not possible without an implant
Before you decide on a breast lift surgery procedure, there are some important issues to keep in mind:
- The plastic surgery does not significantly change the size of your breasts or round out the upper part of your breast. If you want your breasts to look fuller or smaller, you might want to consider either breast augmentation or breast reduction surgery
- Surgeons generally recommend waiting until breast development, childbirth and breastfeeding have stopped before undertaking surgery
- Although it’s possible to lift breasts of any size, the results may not be as long-lasting in women with heavier breasts
A lift without implants may be a good option for you if:
- You are physically healthy
- You have realistic expectations
- Your breasts are fully developed
- Your breasts are sagging and have lost their shape and firmness
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other
Remember that the shape and size of your breasts before surgery will influence the surgical procedure and the outcome.
To learn more about your suitability for a breast lift and implants in Sydney, Potts Point, Bella Vista or Rozelle speak to the team at the Breast and Body Clinic. We provide Sydney breast lift procedures in our clinics located across suburbs in the east and inner west as well as in the Southern Highlands, from our clinic located in Bowral.
We provide breast services in:
- Potts Point
- Bella Vista
Call us on (02) 9819 7449 or send us your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Before and After examples:
All procedures performed by Dr Michael Yunaev are carefully tailored to each patient’s individual needs. Therefore, the mastopexy breast lift varies from operation to operation.
A precise surgical quote is given to each patient after consultation with Dr Yunaev, once the patient needs have been fully assessed. Based on this assessment, the patient will be provided with an individual and personalised surgical quote.
Additionally, some procedures may be eligible for a private health fund rebate. This can be discussed at a consultation, and will also vary from case to case. For more information, or to arrange a consultation to discuss Breast lift in Sydney, Bella Vista or Bowral, please contact us here.
DR MICHAEL YUNAEV
“Dr Michael is a Specialist OncoPlastic and Cosmetic Breast and General Surgeon and is the Principal Doctor at Breast & Body Clinic. Dr Yunaev is a highly trained Surgeon with extensive experience and passion for treatment of all aspects of Aesthetic Breast and Body Surgery, Breast Cancer Surgery, Benign and Congenital Breast Disease, as well as General Surgery.”
DR YUNAEV SPECIALISES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Tummy Tucks
- Breast Asymmetry
- Tuberous Breasts
- Male Breast Surgery / Gynaecomastia
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Dermal Fillers
PHONE: (02) 9819 7449
FAX: (02) 9356 0460
For all appointments and inquiries, please contact us using the details provided above or fill out the enquiry form and we will be in touch at the earliest opportunity.